I’m a drama fanatic; I def have bias towards my fave actors/actresses. I watch mostly rom coms, just to warn ya, but I’ve seen my share of dramas, so trust my taste. Here’s my list of must-sees:
- It Started With a Kiss: My very favorite drama. It’s so innocent and natural, and the cast is absolutely amazing (but of course I’m Joe Cheng biased ;P). The ending of this drama beats any other.
- They Kiss Again: I like ISWAK a bit more but cast gets even better—Danson Tang, Aaron Yan, Wang Zi, Figaro Ceng.
- Down With Love: Great plot; Jerry and Ella are absolutely adorable, definitely fell in love with the couple. Jerry makes a super hot lawyer, just sayin’.
- Hana Kimi: Hilarious, I laughed so much while watching this one. Things are just so wonderfully ridiculous. Chunnie and Jiro?! AGHH! Overall great cast and Ella as a boy is just priceless.
- Meteor Garden: Classic. This is the drama that started it all… breakthrough roles for tons of top actors like my baby Jerry! Don’t judge because it’s an older drama, seriously it’s worth watching. I prefer this over BOF personally =P
- Devil Beside You: Some really touching, sweet moments, gets pretty deep and I like that a lot. Mike He Mike He Mike He…and his sexy crooked smile, wow.
- Why Why Love: I watched b/c I’m a fan of the Mike & Rainie duo, and it definitely was not as good as DBY, but still really cute and is one of the few dramas with a worthy ending.
- The Rose: I honestly love love love this drama. It’s one of the earlier TW dramas, but it’s directed by my fave man, Winnie (director of ISWAK, Sweet Relationship…etc). Really funny and contains many bizarre interfamily relationships, which I enjoyed a little too much…
- Love Buffet: Super adorable, and especially worth watching if you enjoy the innocent school drama. And 2/4 Fahrenheit boys, it’s a win-win.
- Fated to Love You: I was so hooked on this drama. It had a fantastic plot and Ethan’s character totally got me. The ending was pretty ridiculous, but overall really cute and funny.
- Love or Bread: I don’t know why this wasn’t more popular, because I personally enjoyed this one a lot. Of course, there’s no comparison to ISWAK but nonetheless, very funny and worth watching.
- Autumn’s Concerto: I still haven’t finished it. But it’s really good so far.
- ToGetHer: I liked it, didn’t LOVE it but really appreciated Jiro’s acting in this one.
- That Love Comes: This one’s actually a Mainland internet drama. It’s super short and had a great OST.
- My Name is Kim Sam Soon: My all-time favorite Kdrama. Def a must-watch, the acting is amazing and omfg Hyun Bin. I fell in love with his character in this one (moreso than in Secret Garden). And DANIEL HENNEY=major droolage throughout this one.
- The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince: adkjaflaf I love love love this drama, watched this one way too many times. Yoo Eun Hye is great, I think I really like it when girls are guys in dramas…
- Full House: Actually my very first drama. This was amazing and so super cute and Rain and Soo Sung Kim and aghhh.
- Personal Preference: Lee Min Ho, isn’t that enough? He was a little lacking of emotion, but I was too busy drooling at his hotness to care.
- Boys Before Flowers: The F4 guys are all really hot. Personally, I think it’s a bit overrated but everyone reading this has prob already watched this anyway.
- You’re Beautiful: Amazing. Def on my favorites list. Jang Geun Suk is to DIE FOR. There’s just so many cute things asdfghjkl; and the AN.JELL trio is just super hot idk.
- Secret Garden: Becoming one of my top dramas. Hyun Bin never fails to impress, and the Hyun Bin-Ha Ji Won couple is just fantastic. It’s one of the few dramas that doesn’t get dry as it goes on, in fact, it keeps getting better. Great OST, with awesome instrumentals, too.
- Goong: It was kinda slow at first, but had really cute moments. Absolutely love Joo Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun Hye together. Although, I don’t love it like everyone else, just like it.
- My Girl: I’m so addicted, this drama is amazing. The main female character is probably my fave ever. Great acting and cute guys, not to mention, HILARIOUS.
- Delightful Girl Choon Hyang: Another great drama written by the Hong sisters. I love the main leads, and wow I def fell for Jae Hee in this one, so cute!
- What’s Up Fox?: I loved this. I loved Chung Jung Myung and the older woman-younger man relationship.
- Sungkyunkwan Scandal: So addicting and really good. There’s a complex plot that is based on more than just romance, and really really great acting from Micky.
- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho: Shin Min Ah and Lee Seung Gi were SO cute together. Really adorable drama, another fantastic one from the Hong Sisters. …and No Min Woo, must I say more?
- 49 Days: So suspenseful and one of the best developed plots ever. The ending disappointed many, although I thought it was pretty good. Great acting, great story.
- City Hall: Such a great drama. I recommend this one to everyone. Cha Seung Won and Kim Sun Ah are golden, and the complexity of their relationship really got me. Additionally, it had one of the best endings ever.
- Dream High: I liked this drama, with it’s all idol cast and it’s unpredictable love plot. Really adorable, and great for Kpop lovers.
- The Greatest Love: If you know me, you know that I’m a sucker for Cha Seung Won. He’s just so charming and delicious and wonderful and just made this drama so addictive. Another win for the Hong Sisters.
- Paradise Ranch: I can’t say this was one of the best. But since I am forever a fan of Shim Changmin, I gotta say his acting debut was not as bad as what some people say. I found him to be adorable and I thought this was a pretty dec drama.
- Absolute Boyfriend: Lemme just express my love for dramas made after mangas, THEY ARE THE BEST. The main actress kinda bothered me, but I love the storyline, plus I had read the manga of it first, and loved that.
- Hana Kimi: Different from the TW version, hilarious, and more satisfying ending :)
- Hotaru no Hikari: Really just adorable.
- Zenkai Girl: Added to my “Favorites” list for sure, 1st Jdrama to get on the list. It’s amazing… and Nishikido Ryo is mindblowingly perfect.
*But honestly, I’m way more into Japanese anime, message me, and I can def recommend you some legit anime =P
- Summer’s Tail (TW)
- Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (HK)
- Antique Bakery (K)
- She’s On Duty (K)